Friday, August 12, 2011

Think Pink

nail polish: Color Club Professional Nail Lacquer in Lazer Pink

Yesterday I was inspired by my hot pink nail polish--the perfect summer color in my opinion. I decided to create an outfit revolving around my nail lacquer:


dress: BCBG Maxazria, hoodie: valley girl, jacket+scarf: Ann Taylor Loft, doctor inspired bag: TJ Max, toe nail polish: innisfree, LUCIDarling fantastic nails

I love the unbalanced bottom on my hot pink dress (a gift from a great friend!!). It's a very snug dress (actually very skin tight)--something I'd wear at night for going to a lounge or bar, but I wanted to play with it and dress it down. I added my slouchy light pink sweater to make the initial dress more casual, and added a khaki jacket (great for the rain here) to finish the look. Tipped it off with a floral scarf with yellow and pink accents for a sweeter look, and I added my black doctor bag with gold metal finishings. I also painted my toes light pink and added rose colored glitter on (Sephora inspired). At first when I was painting them, I was freaked out by the amount of glitter the brush put on my nails, but from a distance, my toes sparkle beautifully now! 

This summer heat that seems to never be ending (I'm itching for fall!) is the perfect time to whip out your hot pink items--to think pink!


...but not like that.

--Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment