Wednesday, December 14, 2011

10 days of Christmas Wish list '11!

Starting top left clockwise:
Posh fur jacket
d'Armani lipstick scarlatto red
Alexander Wang blazer
Alexander McQueen military skull clutch
Alexander Wang lamb's leather shorts
Michael Kors Grayson large satchel
JCrew golden stripe bracelet
Topshop podium crossover platform sandals
Balmain metallic leather skinny pants
center: Alexander Wang jacquard cropped sweater

Thought I'd be missing from my blog for a week because of my final tests going on. However, I couldn't really stay away! Since Christmas is about 10 days away, I've decided to count down the days with gifts I would love to receive/items I want to acquire! :)

Since we still have a long winter ahead of us, my favorite item would be the Alexander Wang jacquard cropped sweater. I think it has a great color combo of yellow, grey, and black lining. During winter, I love wearing comfy and cozy sweaters. Though I'm not sure if this looks really comfy or cozy, a great investment piece it still is!

I've really wanted to wear red lipstick for a very long time now. Such a bold lip, it would be gorgeous! But, I've failed to find a great red color for me. Bright red doesn't work on my face, instead I look rather child like. But, I've realized that deep and dark reds work really well on my face, and have been chasing either a merlot or brick red lipstick ever since. Fortunately, finding this scarlatto red shade of Armani's cosmetics, my bold red lip quest just might be over!

I've also been searching for the perfect black blazer for years! Years I tell you! But, with my small petite frame and the introduction of boyfriend blazers a few years ago, this has been such a difficult challenge. (I seriously drown in the bf blazer...no matter the xxs tag!) The sharp shorter angles in the front on the Alexander Wang's blazer could really be used to my advantage, and it has a modern and new edge.

If I received all of these gifts, I would have such a comprehensive and versatile closet! All of these items can be mixed and matched into many different combos. I can just imagine pairing the white fur coat with either the leather shorts or metallic leather skinnies with the sweater underneath. Since pre-fall '12 shows have still been showcasing fur (will show another post later), investing in major fur pieces is a must! These pieces will last you, and fur always has a way of coming in and out of trends too. Too top off each outfit, I could always carry the forever classic Michael Kors satchel, or Alexander McQueen's one of a kind clutch (how badass is it? very), and the standout jcrew costume jewelry can stretch across seasons. Right now, I would definitely wear the bright yellow against all my dark winter clothing for a stand out piece and can see wearing the turquoise bracelet against delicate summer dresses. As an outfit completer, I would really love to wear the Topshop metallic platform sandals and sport a signature bold red lip with every single outfit! 


Gosh, well this is my wish list! Perhaps I should show my parents this? :)


What would you like to receive for Christmas?


--Christine

3 comments:

  1. leather skinny pants are sick nastyyyy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like... a free plane ticket to a country of my choice. But dunno how feasible that is. lol
    Love this Christmas wish list! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these gold platform heels! Although lately I'm obsessed with anything 70's inspired :-)
    And I don't know yet what I want for Christmas. Guess I had better start looking! :-)
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete