Saturday, December 3, 2011

Topshop's All That Glitters Holiday Collection


1. metal bar insert clutch bag
2. metallic skirt by boutique
3. embellished fringe capelet by dress up topshop**
4. spikey embellished playsuit by dress up topshop**
5. circle bead playsuit by dress up topshop**
6. podium cross over platform sandal

Topshop's holiday collection "All That Glitters" instantly enticed me. As I'm getting into the holiday season mood (after Thanksgiving!), I've been dreaming of what to wear for the holidays. Thankfully, Topshop has quenched my holiday style thirst by offering everything gold, silver, metallic, and shimmery. How typical (not a bad thing!)! Don't we always go to the sequins, gold metallics, and silver beading for holiday party cheer? It's like the signal of 'let's exchange gifts, gain some weight, and drink just as much as we ate!" Get's me excited, it's a pretty cheerful time! All of that aside, I've chosen six of my favorite pieces from that collection.

The clutch really caught my eye because...honestly...it's so shiny. But besides that, I really like the bold metal bar details on the side, it adds some uniqueness to a standard sequined holiday clutch. Also the shape is great--it looks like it can hold all your holiday party necessities. Secondly, I fell in love with the metallic high waisted midi skirt. I think it cinches at the perfect place (around your waist) to accentuate the thinnest part of your body. Also, I love the hourglass shape, and how it comes in on the bottom to make you look very slender, very sophisticated, and very chic! Thirdly, I love capes so hence I love capelets. However, this one differs from others because of its unbalanced shape and meticulous beading. I can imagine it paired on top of a crisp white button up paired with some great skinny trousers and a platform heel. This piece seems a bit mysterious and dark, but has such a glam edge, I would pick it up in an instant and wear it every day. The fourth item seems like a pretty standard holiday item to me--it's sequined, metallic, gold, and silver. But, what caught my eye and got me interested was the fact that it's a playsuit! Not a typical dress, but rather a playsuit! Meaning, the bottom is like shorts instead of a dress...so no more embarrassing holiday accidents for you (when you've had too much wine)! The next playsuit, item 5, intrigued me too because of the beading on top and sequins on the bottom. The print and design is pretty simple, but since the print is actually done in beading, it's a much classier item and holiday party perfect! Lastly, those shoes. I'm definitely in love with the metallic platform heels because they are so very versatile. You can wear them with any every outfit (get more bang for your buck!) They'd stand out beautifully against black sheers or opaques, go with either a dress, trousers, or shorts, and give you some great height! 

Ok, this post was very long. Thanks for reading! Time to get into the holiday cheer :)

--Christine

1 comment:

  1. Love your style! Fell in love with #4! I think it goes on my wishlist :)

    I'm a new follower! Thanks for your comment!

    xoxo

    http://worm-wormm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete