Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Styling Sundays: Quick Manicure

Sometimes, as a student, I don't have much time to give myself a manicure. To sit down and try to perfectly lacquer my nails can take quite some time. But, I still want to always have clean and professional nails even when I can't. Having a great manicure just pulls together an outfit, and makes you look more put together. Nothing ruins a perfect outfit more than remnants of almost fully chipped off nail polish sitting on your nails, or having brittle and unkempt fingertips. So here's a quick trick that I do quite often as a student!

Step 1: Start with clean and fresh nails, remove excess nail polish, trim and file your nails to desired length

Heres a before picture of just plain fingertips. They're just quite boring!


Step 2: Apply two coats of clear top coat nail polish. It takes maybe 2 minutes to fully add both coats because top coats dry pretty quickly. 



And presto! You have clean and professional nails in 5 minutes or less. You can do it during a lunch break or just before you rush out to class. You don't have to wait around for your nail polish to dry, it's something you can just run out the door with! It's also handy for if your lifestyle does not support having lacquered fingernails such as if your occupation requires too much physical work, or if you play sports everyday. I personally wash my hands probably 20+ a day (I don't know why...), so my nail polish chips after 1 day. Instead, sometimes I just use this trick.

Give it a try! Hope this helps you.

--Christine
 

1 comment: