Saturday, March 10, 2012

NYC Day 2: Sport Chic

Inspiration: ACNE Spring '12 (from elle.com)






baseball hat: MLB store, leather jacket: bebe, blouse+midi skirt: street shopping, tights+socks: hue, shoes: perche, bag: vintage LV

My second day in NYC (what a short trip!) was so relaxed. I hung around the east harlem area, which in my opinion is so peaceful and more family oriented. It's a huge eclectic mix of cultures with affordable family owned eateries all around. I like how it feels like a slower change of pace compared to midtown and downtown, so coming home after long days of work or power-shopping would be quite calming. Anyways, my inspiration was obviously sport, and I love contradictions or creating eclectic mixes. I love ACNE's Spring '12 collection with pairings of baseball hats to constructed tops and pencil skirts. So, I was inspired to pair my baseball cap with a feminine blouse (such as the one with the pearl collar also worn in my 1st outfit. When traveling, I like carrying only a few pieces and mixing and matching!) and my midi skirt. It completely changes the outfit from overly feminine to sport chic meets rugged girl with my addition of a leather jacket. It's just more of a street outfit, and it was fun running around harlem in it!

Will be in the city yet again next week for my spring break. Stay continued for more of my outfits!

--Christine

2 comments: