Monday, March 5, 2012

Simple Styling Sundays: The Vests

details found at polyvore

Sorry for posting this a few hours late. With internet down in my apartment yesterday and snow falling from the sky, options were slim, and staying in won. However, let's be back on track today! I wanted to post about vests for this past Sunday as a continuation of the strange weather I'm experiencing here in the midwest. Within the past month or so, the weather has been teetering along the lines of looking like spring, or quickly turning back into winter. It's an odd mix of always feeling too warm in my winter coat outside, while not feeling warm enough sans coat. What to do with such inconsistent and indecisive weather? Besides trying to tell mother nature to just pick one, what can I practically do to stay warm enough and not too cold? Might be obvious, but this situation calls for vests. They add the extra layer of warmth minus your winter coat. Pile them on top of your thick sweaters on a colder day, or wear simply over a thin tee on the more 'early spring' days. I always get too flustered trying to lug my winter coat around after taking it off when I'm too hot, so a vest is really a great solution to be comfortable in what I wear. Try different materials, textures, colors to stay in style!

Quick and simple is what I like to post about on my Sundays. Goes with the whole relaxed day idea. Normally, I post about topics that are very relevant to what I'm experiencing day to day. However, if you'd like me to cover a specific topic that is more relevant for you, please email seoul.pfassion@gmail.com and chances are I'll use your topic in the upcoming week. Start submitting new ideas! Thanks!

--Christine 

15 comments:

  1. i love vests also because they're super versatile - perfect for layering to keep warm in winter and to have cooler options once the weather warms up. the ones you chose are adorable... love the top left for spicing up an office look!
    xx shari ana
    http://shari-ana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the top left too. It would definitely be my go to vest and doubles as office chic!

      Delete
  2. Yes this weather is very out of control & mother nature's indecisiveness is really starting to wreck my nerves, even here in the bay area we've had full on spring borderline summer weather one day and the next we awake to gloom storm clouds and rain. So the vest post is dead on because I've been running into trouble as far as wearing a winter coat only to find the weather to be extremely warm one day & then being tricked by a sunny sky & with a brisk chill on the next day. So your vest suggestion is suiting for me at least. lol happy Monday!!!! I am now following you!
    xo
    Darling Bonnie
    thehouseofdarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to find someone who experiences the same clothing troubles as me!

      Delete
  3. Hey Christine! Great blog and thank you for visiting! love the vests you selected here, I am trying to get better with styling these pieces. Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really enjoyed your blog too!

      Delete
  4. nice blog i follow you and i hope you follow me back:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these vests! They are perfect for layering and are great transitional pieces.

    Xo,
    Angela
    Headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, they are perfect transitionals. Something I really need to survive the weather going on now!

      Delete
  6. LOVE THE LAST FURRY ONE!!! SO CUTE!

    great blog.

    http://montesYmills.com
    http://montesYmills.com
    http://montesYmills.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the puffy red vest. Thanks for the comment you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for your lovely comment. great blog too :)


    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete