Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break Day 1: West Side Stripes




striped shirt: gap (old), skirt: aland, vest: street shopping, white jacket: valencia, crossbody: valentina

Hung around the West Village on Saturday with my boyfriend. The weather was quite breezy, almost a little chilly, but very sunny. Altogether, it was a relaxing day. There's something about wearing maxi skirts or even maxi dresses that says 'it's a relaxing day.' Funny thing was, it was Saint Patty's and while everyone was clad in green running around Union Square, my boyfriend and I were in head to toe blue as if to make a statement. Nope, not at all. Just forgot. But anyways, I love how bright of a blue my maxi skirt is and how it changes shape with movement, and the skirt has an overall very light feeling to go with my light Gap sweater and slouchy vest. 
So, on Saturday, we walked from Union Square to West Village and towards the Hudson. I always love walking down the peaceful and clean streets of the West Village and out to the water. Makes me promise myself that one day I'll live there! Was lucky to hang around that area with this stud: 

See the head to toe blue thing I'm talking about?? We matched with blue and stripes on accident!!

We did a lot of people watching as we sat on the Hudson. Have you ever done that? It's so interesting to see who comes out to take a walk or run near the river, who they are with, what they are wearing. Just always so very interesting.

So this was day one of my spring break outfits. Stay tuned all week to see how I work the same pieces into completely new looks!

--Christine
  


2 comments:

  1. People watching is always fun, especially when you have a partner in crime! Loved your outfit and of course that jacket!

    ReplyDelete