Friday, April 27, 2012

Beauty




photographer: Kevin Hsia
check him out at www.kevinhsia.com.com & facebook
Self styled

Here are some finished images from the photo shoot I gave a preview to. You could've imagined my giddiness when opening the email my friend and photographer, Kevin Hsia, sent me. After all, I was quite worried how my modeling skills (never really modeled before) would translate during an actual shoot. The outcome: absolutely beautiful, but only to the credit of my photographer. Being on set with him was very enjoyable with his relaxed and casual mood. As we tried different lightings and poses, he had such a unique way of photographing. I was pleasantly surprised and quite happy when Kevin stuck to shooting with film instead of going digital, something that's uncommon now. While he would make me sit for a few minutes before capturing the 'perfect shot,' I felt realer and more like myself instead of a plastic doll hidden behind the flashing lights on a set. I love the shadowing and contrasts of the photos, it portrayed my idea for this shoot. I was inspired by what we are all inspired and driven by in fashion: beauty.

To me, beauty isn't always found in the common understanding of the word. A person, an emotion, a face does not have to be glittering, shiny, or seemingly new. Beauty can be seen everywhere, coming to form through the contrasts of the brightness and darkness that we all carry. 

I truly believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's no one definition and no one look. Instead, anything can be beautiful when looked at with the proper heart.

Thanks again to Kevin for the wonderful pictures, and stay tuned for more.

--Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment