Sunday, April 1, 2012

Simple Styling Sundays: Flower Power

details at polyvore

When florals are around, it's always a signal that spring is coming, and soon we'll all be bathing in sunlight, warmth and cool breezes. It always gets me really excited to think about spring and the wonderful prints that come with it. If I had it my way, I'd encourage floral printing from head-to-toe as above. The more the merrier right? I think with this season, prints are making such a huge come back, it's justifiable to walk down the street covered in only prints. However, for Simple Styling Sundays, I've also illustrated how to style with just one center piece: a floral blazer. Though floral pants have been in trend for a while now, I thought it'd be fun to take a look at another piece:

   
details at polyvore

The key to styling with a center piece is to never over power it. With this pastel floral blazer, it could get quite tricky. So I complimented with only a few like delicate colors, and kept the accessories as neutral as possible. I really like the femininity of the color palette slightly contrasting with the masculinity of the blazer, collared blouse, boyfriend watch and boots. It's a great mixture that keeps the outfit 'pretty,' but also mature. 

Spring has definitely arrived on campus, and when I walk down the streets, I am met with light floral fragrances hanging in the air. Makes me so happy!

Hope this post has you smelling roses :)

--Christine

1 comment: