Friday, July 13, 2012

The Little Black Dress


dress+purse: korea, heels: zara

instagram: christinejeanhopkins

The other day, my schedule was jam packed with work and meetings and events. The night before, I decided to pick out my outfit, so I wasn't scrambling in the morning. As I went through my closet, I thought to myself how I wanted something simple, versatile and just thoughtless--I didn't want to have to worry if I was dressed correctly for the situation. As I sifted through my closet, I came across this old dress that I haven't worn for years. I excitedly tried on the lightweight dress and thought about how Coco Chanel and Audrey Hepburn truly had it right with a 'little black dress.' It's an effortless way of dressing and does everything I need it to do when I'm too busy to worry about what I have on. Ran from an internship to a lunch date to a dinner appointment to drinks and a night out with compliments along the way. Perfect! Look to adopt one into your closet pronto!!

Happy Friday :)

--Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment