Sunday, July 15, 2012

Simple Styling Sundays: Travel Edition

details at polyvore
1. Pac-A-Poncho: Topshop, $30
2. Animal Make Up Bag: Topshop, $30
3. Hello Kitty Cosmetic Bag: Target, $9.99
4. Metallic Polka Dot Cosmetic Pouch: Forever21, $4.80
5. Spa Slippers: Cottonage.com, $2.99
6. Hard Candy Take It Off Makeup Remover Wipes: Walmart, $5.00
7. Travel Bottle & Case Set: Forever21, $3.80
8. Cath Kidston Printed Large Wash Bag: ASOS, $29.83 

It's already mid July. Where did time go? Soon August will come, and the weather will get milder. Though I'm not opposed to that, it also means less roof top grillings, closed pools, and no hot summer nights. Again, where did time seriously go? Maybe it's just me, and there's still a solid month and a half of summer left, but really this signifies one thing: get your last summer vaca in ASAP! I'm itching to travel, just one more spontaneous road trip PUH-LEAS! And maybe, you're thinking it too: just one more trip, one more get-a-way. Well, I'm way ahead of you and already picked out great things to pack for care-free travel.
I would start and absolutely make sure to have a travel cosmetic purse. Back in college, I would shove everything into a zip-lock, call it a day and smoosh it into my suitcase. Haha, it taught me a lesson after half my make up was ruined with lotion glazed on top of everything. Plus, you want to feel chic, right? Like some jet setter with places to go and people to see, amma right? Well, start packing that way! 
I recommend Forever21's faux leather cosmetic pouch with metallic polka dots. Why? Because it's a good size, and it can double as a clutch when going out. Awesome! I love compact packing! Next, I recommend putting lotions and hairspray into tiny travel bottles. Taking a flight? These bottles are the perfect carry-on size. Less hassle, no worries. I also always have make up removing cloths just because they are refreshing during a drive or flight, but also because if I somehow run out of facial cleanser, I don't need to resort that horrible hotel soap. *Cringe* Pac-a-Poncho too! No, but literally. Who wants to shlept around with a bulky umbrella while sight seeing? Or even at Disney World? (Preferably Harry Potter World), but do you want to hold an umbrella there? Nope! So bring one that fits into your purse and does not need to be held! Lastly, a favorite of mine is cotton, disposable slippers. I got this idea after taking a flight in which the airline provided every passenger with disposable slippers. Your feet seriously feel better after they take a nice breather. And, wouldn't you feel like your in a spa? A small price to pay to be pampered. 

I can't wait for my next trip, I have no clue where I'm going! But, I know I will be packed and ready for travel :)

--Christine

3 comments:

  1. Great little finds! I've missed reading your blog! I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Check out my blog for more info!
    A Little Piece of Fashion and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much Karen! I'm so honored :) You rock!

      Delete
    2. No problem! I do love your blog and your style!

      Delete