Sunday, July 22, 2012

Simple Styling Sundays: The Unexpected Hair Pick-Me-Up

I'm the kind of person that gets bored easily pretty much with everything. I'm always on the search for new clothes, the next trend, a new recipe, a new cafe, more nail polish and lipstick...the list goes on and on. The same goes with my hair. I can't tell you how frustrating it is during summer time and how nervous I get before hair cuts, but I always want to change it! So, I found a very simple and easy way to change update my hair: pink hair extensions.

sultra hair extensions from sephora

They are the perfect pink in the perfect length. A lot of people I know have been going ombre and dying their tips bright pink. I wish I was that bold to just go and do it, but not with my hair. My hair gets pretty brittle when dyed, so I'd like to stick to this awesome extension instead. The clip sometimes is a little hard to get in, but I normally braid my hair on the crown of my head, hide the clip under and braid the extension in. It's best when you tease your hair and have the clip subtly show.


This is a quick example I did after washing my hair. I like having my hair wet and messy so the clip stays in the best. Normally I just show the clip on the side of my head instead of having it fully show. Something about having a really chic dress on then having a glimpse of the pink extension poking out on the side. So unexpected! Adds such character and style.

Enjoy!
--Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment