Sunday, August 5, 2012

Simple Styling Sundays: From Summer to Fall

from left to right: american apparel maxi skirt-$46, topshop flippy tunic-$40, asos ballet shoes-$62.97, topshop cutout shoulder shirt- $64, target crossbody-$19.99, forever21 woven joggers-$13.50   

Have you noticed that stores are beginning to minime summer clothing and are selling fall collections instead? The time has come, and I can't be any happier. I'm someone who doesn't fare well in the heat, so seeing the beginnings of fall makes me so excited! The only problem is when shopping, it's still too early to get into the fall cool weather mindset. To try on some coated jeans, or wool sweaters make me sweat at the thought of it. So, I thought of some smart buys to make a cool transition and to get my moneys worth. I want to buy something that I can wear now, but I don't want something that has a one month wearing limit to it. Here are my smart buys: a sheer maxi skirt is cool enough to wear during summer with a body suit or shorts under it, but come fall time throw on some cool printed tights to stay warm. My friend has a topshop flippy tunic like the one above, and it's absolutely gorgeous on her. It also is extremely versatile, and come early fall I can imagine pairing it with a denim shirt or a light jacket. Lately, I've become obsessed with any shoe with a metallic block heel, and this asos ballet shoe is no different. For summer, it would be cute with dresses (like the one above!) and skirts, but I would definitely pair these shoes with a great pair of waxed denim. I also would love it with forever21's super thin trousers. They are so lightweight, they'd be no problem to wear now and transition into fall with. Try a cutout shoulder shirt right now too. I love button up shirts with collars, but it is too hot to wear them right now, but a cutout shoulder makes them less stuffy. Leave them unbutton for a pretty breezy layering item. Lastly, get a great new purse. Accessories are pretty easy to transition into fall with. My advice for fall bags is to try animal skinned purses. This croc crossbody in a pretty burgundy is great for a fall color pallet and on trend. 

I can't believe it's already August. These three months have gone by so quickly! I'm excited for the next chapter in my life, and for a great new wardrobe :)

--Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment