Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Beauty Segment: Summer Lips and Fall Tints





Probably my biggest beauty obsession is lipsticks and glosses. A lipstick or lip tint can add some serious detail to an outfit. It can change the entire mood of your clothing. For instance, what if you wore a plain t-shirt with some boyfriend jeans? Very casual, very relaxed. Now add a bright red lip then all of a sudden you look pretty chic! So, I wanted to share my lip obsessions and go-to's for the moment. I have to say, when I first saw orange lipstick I was intrigued but didn't quite know how it'd look. I stepped into Sephora and bought a random lipstick then tried it at home. Now, it's (Make Up For Ever) probably my most worn lipstick! Of course, lipstick isn't for my every day--at least not in the summertime, so I found a few different colors of orange. I love Lipstick Queen's 6 Minutes. Trust me, the orange is sheerer, but still orange enough. It's a great summer color! During my nights, I'm obsessed with Ardency Inn's Lovecat. It's such the perfect red lip for me. I look silly with bright red lipstick, but this deeper color suits my skin tone with a silky and light weight feel. If I'm not wearing lipstick, I'd turn to my Bare Necessities lipgloss that gives a berry glass stained look to the lips. Very seductive and summer appropriate, but obviously summer is ending so I'm looking to expand my lip color collection. Right now, I'm experimenting with nude colors such as Clinique's Chubby Stick. I'd love to have a pale, nude lip and smoldering eyes. I'll just have to experiment some more!

What are your lip obsessions?

--Christine

2 comments:

  1. I love lip products too! I'm not as bold as you though. haha What did you use to make that collage of lip colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you should definitely try a red or orange lipstick. Once you try and see how they are not that scary, your life will change forever! Hehe, and I used photoshop!

      Delete