Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cynthia Rowley SS '13


setup before the show...the wooden block is where the models stood

crazy hair!
backstage clothing





photos taken by me and ali bromberg

Snuck a few photos while working at Cynthia's installation. It was set in an abandoned building downtown that was built in the late 1800's. Now, it's gutted out and nothing too special from the outside, but Cynthia saw it and wanted to throw a party. Confetti was flowing from the top of the atrium the entire time (here's a look at the building, it was incredible and you have to peek to imagine the party!), and models were walking in and out of the room constantly as they headed up to the 9th floor for a photo shoot. Champagne and absinthe were served the entire night as the dj spun tunes for two hours. The clothing was gorgeous and colorful with exaggerated shapes. It'll be exactly what I want to wear next spring when there's first sign of flowers blooming. Also, did you spot the metallic gold bodysuit? Loving it! It was just a beautiful night, and to top it off, I got to wear a Cynthia Rowley dress myself. Traded my own black dress from the previous post for another. Felt beautiful for a beautiful night!

Happy Saturday :)
--Christine


2 comments:

  1. So awesome you got to work this show! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into the fashion show! Love your LBD =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I saw your other comments too, I must check that application out! Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete