Sunday, September 16, 2012

Simple Styling Sundays: NYFW Favorites Bring Spring Trends

 Alexander Wang

    
BCBG Max Azria

    
Elizabeth and James


    
Vera Wang

Had a long week? Me too. It was partly long due to work, and partly long due to all the stalking of NYFW I did. Like every season, there were so many great collections, but the above were some of the ones that really stood out to me. Also, I love pre-shopping by looking at what's coming next. Might as well snag a great buy now and wear it through fall AND spring. Call that cheating? Maybe a little? Nahh, get ahead of the game. 
Some easy trends to spot for next year's season that we just finished are: leather, lace, lemon hints, neutrals, and structured basics. I absolutely loved Alexander Wang's spring collection because of his outstanding usage of leather and cutting into different shapes. That jacket, those shoes, just the way he has layered, and the smart neutrality of it all makes me drool over each look. BCBG also delivered in an impeccable way with its lace, leather, and harnesses. I swear I've wanted one of those body harnesses since last January, but couldn't find a suitable one outside of an s&m store. Hopefully, now I can find a great one within a few months! I also love the lace I'm seeing for spring. It's different. It's sheer, thin, and more delicate. Feels more sophisticated and sexier than the past. Always leave it up to Elizabeth and James for amazing staples and an incredible simplicity that leaves you thinking, "is it just that easy to be so chic?." With this collection, yes! I think there's perfect accenting, rich colors with just only two necessary garments. Who knew it'd be that simple? Lastly, I loved the lace and rich colors of Vera Wang. She, so far, has brought spring back in terms of color and has fused them with ageless prints and yes, lace!

It's time to go shopping again, right? 

--Christine



10 comments:

  1. loving your blog. thanks for following me! x Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie, of course I will follow you. I wait for you on my blog<3 Vera Wang definitely is my favorit. A lot of kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexander Wang was a personal favourite of mine, but I also thoroughly enjoyed the 3.1 Phillip Lim show
    If you haven't watched any of the LFW shows yet, I'd definitely recommend for you to take a look at the Acne and Christopher Kane shows!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved the Christopher Kane show, and of course Phillip Lim is great every season! Thanks for your recommendation xx

      Delete
  4. Very cute designs! I miss you so much lady!!!

    Love polly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, love all the trends.
    Thanks for your visit, following you already, please follow us too. xoxo
    afrovaidosas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete