Friday, November 2, 2012

Beauty Fix: Gold Spattered Nails






nail polish: faceit, inspiration from here

I love this easy manicure. It feels very appropriate for fall and winter when we crave to clothe ourselves in dark and muted colors with the subtle embellishments of gold and silver (reminding us that the holidays are nearing!). I found the inspiration of this manicure from my beauty board on pinterest--a place where I can always find inspiration for my makeup and hair. To replicate, follow the steps below.

Tools needed: 
Black nail polish 
a shimmering gold (not matte) nail polish
plastic wrap (or soft wrapper...don't use anything too stiff, it'll ruin your manicure)

Steps: 
1. Apply two coats of black nail polish to nails and wait to dry
2. Take plastic wrap and crumble in hand, hold a portion of the wrap that is crumbled between fingers
3. Take gold nail polish and lightly paint the plastic wrap
4. dab on each nail to desired effect (I dabbed it twice on each finger)
5. Wait till nails dry, clean excess nail polish, and add top coat if needed

Easy, right? Versatile too. You can try this manicure straight away with nail polishes that you already have. Try other color options to suit your mood and occasion--the possibilities with this technique are endless!

Let me know if you've come up with another great color combo, or if you have questions :)

--Christine 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so going to try this! It's stylish, but it seems like it's easy to do. I'm really bad at doing anything to my nails. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Let me know how it goes, it's very easy to do! :)

      Delete