Sunday, December 2, 2012

Beauty Fix: Winter Pout






lipsticks: nars pure matte in volga, ardency inn in lovecat 

I recently ordered this NARS lipstick for winter. This past year, I've been wearing more and more lipstick and have decided to adopt this deep matte purple into my collection. I love the richness of this color--it's the new red. The only problem (and maybe a big problem) with my nars lipstick is that it doesn't go on evenly. Though it's very light with an initial satin texture, I find my lips getting dried out within an hour alongside having uneven color. I really wanted a super matte lipstick for winter to compliment the weather (shine does feel more spring and summer), so I guess I asked for too matte of a lipstick. Shame shame, I still want to wear this gorgeous color, so I've been coming up with tricks to wear it. The best one I've come up with so far also helps my lips look fuller. First, I apply my nars lipstick like usual (line and fill in), and then in the center of both my lower and upper lip, I apply the red lipstick. From the picture above, you can see that the colors compliment each other, so they blend well. When doing this trick, you don't have to worry about perfectly applying the red, you can add as much or as little in the center. The result: fuller lips and seemingly perfect color. It only took 2 lipsticks to get there!

Try this trick out and let me know how it goes!

--Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment